Am I dissapointed, or inspired?

1

Posted on : 2:37 PM | By : Paul Richardson | In : ,

Turns out that after three interviews I didn’t get a VP role in a high profile company that was looking for an interim manager for six months . Limited feedback, only to say that I was more IT than software development, and that they were not sure if my management style would be a good fit. Interesting, seeing as I understood it to be a senior role where detail was not the key driver (or so I was briefed...). After three interviews where the rapport was good it is hard to understand what it is about my style they don’t like. I won’t ponder over that for too long, but I will reflect on Seth Godin’s blog of yesterday:

Craftsmanship
Find a calling and then deliver.
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.’” – Martin Luther King, Jr. HT to
Andy.

(BTW that is what I call inspirational blogging – only six of the words are his own!)

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter

Comments (1)

Their loss - the right one will come along. Getting inspired, and passionate about what you do will help. Agreed, it is an inspirational quotation. Better luck with the next three!