Bart Simpson Was Wrong

0

Posted on : 8:42 PM | By : Paul Richardson


Twelve years ago the Simpson's Movie was a sensation. There is a great scene when Bart places a black bra over his head and declares that he is the "mascot of an evil corporation".  It one of the many scenes that I have not forgotten. However I believe it to be untrue.
Ten years ago this week I wrote a short blog post about my experience and observations of a short holiday at Disneyland Paris, prompted by someone telling me to watch out for Mickey Mouse as he's an evil "money grabber".  I did my best to dispel that myth.
Ten years on I found myself back there and I believe my argument holds true. Disney is a corporate machine that is intent on building desire and delivering happiness.  Observing Disney's business strategy they constantly adapt and innovate, and consistently produce positive returns. Ten years ago I commented on the previous six months of positive returns and growth in the share price. The share price that week was $31. The share price this week is $146. Significantly outperforming the Dow Jones Industrial Average in those ten years.  And all around me I saw people enjoying themselves.

Share this :

  • Stumble upon
  • twitter

Comments (0)